Saturday, January 14, 2012

Shoot Out...

I've actually had a couple of good days....thus the reason that I haven't been on lately.

I found out that my sister was in a shoot out (kinda) today by my husband's sister calling to let my husband know because she saw a post on facebook about it.  Really?  That's something that I should have gotten a call on.  But I can't really be mad at her because twice I had something happen to me and I posted on facebook so that's how she found out.

1.  I had a glass fall off of the towel rack onto the ledge of the bathtub, break and then cut my foot open as I was getting out of the shower.  Yes....I take a drink into the shower with me.  Who doesn't?  You may get thirsty while you are bathing.  Right?  That's my thoughts too.  Anyway...It cut my foot pretty bad and I had to go to the hospital for some stitches.  Joy!

2.  I feel pretty hard on our hardwood floor/kitchen carpet.  Kinda half wood half carpet sorta thing.  I was carrying my computer and my head went right into the edge of the lid and gave myself a nice little gouge. Turned out to be a pleasant black eye and scar.  The worst of it all was my arm.  I had wood/carpet burn down the entire fore arm.  So imagine the top layer of your skin being rubbed off.  It's raw, red and nasty. To top it off we have two large black labs that shed like a cat so there was hair stuck to my nasty-bloody-wet-grose arm.  It stung like the dickens so washing it was horrible.  Turned out to be a rather nasty picture on facebook and a nasty scar on my arm as well.

So I guess I owed it to her to find out through the grapevine that she was in the shoot out.

Two people were shot and injured but thankfully no one was killed.   The bad thing is...They don't have the person in custody so the "disagreement" turned "gun fight" is unsolved.  I know that they questioned the parties involved so they will at least know who shot them.

My sister and my niece were on the same floor but they didn't see what happened.  They headed out to get out of the mall and the security guys wanted to hurry them back  to a holding area where all the other customers were.  Really?  Who's to say that the shooter wasn't in the holding area?  And if he wasn't back there, it would be a great place to get a hostage.

I'm just thankful that my sister and niece is safe and sound back home where they belong!

I'm tired so I'm not proofing this....Church in the morning...Hopefully it makes sense.  Who cares anyway....hopefully no one will find my blog!

R.

No comments:

Post a Comment